Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:03:20 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Rob Garrett <eagle@phc.igs.net>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Contributors, or lack thereof

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 05:29:30AM -0400, Rob Garrett wrote:
> So pr's now only contribute to source code, theres many areas that
> freebsd is lacking in, and as a writer. In particular in those areas they
> would greatly appreciate help, I assume this has always been the case. See
> somebody needs to WTFM, so others can read it.  An article here or there
> doesn't cut it, while I'm not anywhere near as accomplished as you are, in
> a journalstic sense. I've done quite a bit of what i percieve as real
> advocacy. I have written an article for every issue of the FreeBSD zine to
> date, helped with several of the articles on the diary. Installed freebsd
> for many people, and walked lots of people through freebsd installation.
>
> No it's not a code thing.. its a mouth. verses work to accomplish thing.

I don't quite follow that first paragraph, but just to be absolutely
explicit -- use send-pr to submit new documentation!  Either submit the
doc and/or patches within the PR, or, if it's a large document, include
a pointer to the documentation you want to submit as a URL.

See <URL:http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/docproj.html>; for details.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>