Date:       Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:48:51 +0200
From:      Martin Rud Jakobsen <mrjakobsen@SystemForum.dk>
To:        "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Which webcam to choose for FreeBSD.

Hello!
I want a new webcam for my FreeBSD box.
For years I have been using a Connetix Color QuickCam and cqcam to get the
images.
But the camera is getting old and the picture is getting ugly
(see:http://ww.rud.dk/camz.jpg) for some reason.

Anyone knows what cams I can use on my FreeBSD 4.1? The PC is a old 166mhz
Pentium, but it does have USB.
My major concern is to find the software I need to grab the image.

Any ideas?

p.s. I do also have a Quickcam Express with USB, but Logitech has not
released the specs for it so there doesn't seem to be any programs for it.

CU
/Martin