Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 14:18:45 -0700
From:      steve@Watt.COM (Steve Watt)
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel build errors

In <000401c0e863$4838eb30$2c01a8c0@cts.com>, mdavis@cts.com wrote:
>I'm upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3.  Trying to build kernels for 4.3-stable
>after getting a completely fresh load from cvsup last night:
>
>===> smbfs
>make: don't know how to make des_ecb.c. Stop
>*** Error code 2
[ ... ]

>Is this really a bug, or are there new hierarchies I need to add to my
>supfile that are either new for 4.3 or now required?  Here's my supfile:

I've seen this several times now, and in fact did it myself for a while:
Why do we feel the need to list all of the components of src individually
in the supfile rather than just using src-all?  Like I said, I did it for
a while until the crypto stuff tripped me.  Is there a sample file around
somewhere that shows doing the individual pieces?

That file needs to be ... "repaired". :)

>#src-all

Just uncomment this and delete src-* below.

--
Steve Watt KD6GGD  PP-ASEL-IA          ICBM: 121W 56' 57.8" / 37N 20' 14.9"
 Internet: steve @ Watt.COM                         Whois: SW32