Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 13:39:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        adhir@iagi.net (Alok K. Dhir)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Coupla simple questions

> 1.  Is the 3com 3c590 (PCI Etherlink III Combo) supported?

Yes, at least as patches to -current.  It might work without any
patches if you disable "plug-n-play".  Probably you will need -current
or at least the driver from -current to make it work.

> 2.  Instead of reinstalling from scratch over my 2.1-STABLE (~September
> SUP) with 2.1 release, I simply sup'ed the stable tree over yesterday,
> did a make world, and rebuilt the kernel.  Am I running (the functional
> equivalent of) 2.1-RELEASE?

Your /etc directory will need to be updated by hand.  Since it contains
a lot of configuration stuff in a lot of files, this will take a bit of
effort on your part.

Otherwise, yes, you are running the release equivalent.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.