Date:      Sun, 5 Jan 1997 20:35:11 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org (Philippe Regnauld), freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA comments

> > - during the installation process, in  vty0 ("graphical" progression), when I
> >   scroll back with  SCRL LOCK to  look at kernel messages,  if I return  to
> >   normal   mode and press SCRL   LOCK again, the   keyboard is frozen, only
>
> There appear to be a lot of problems with the 2.2 syscons. :-( We'll
> work something out, even if it means ending up having to revert a
> number of changes.

Not that it makes any difference, but I'm mostly responsible for the
syscons brokeness in 2.2.  In my attempt to get PS/2 mice working I
brought in some (very new) code that should have never been brought in.
The worst part for the users stuck with broken hardware is that it seems
to work 'mostly' fine on my system.

I'm trying to get some hardware and software so that I can run -current
on my main workstation (a PS/2 cable so I can run a PS/2 mouse and a
version of XAceel that works under 2.2), so at least this should be
fixed in the future.

In the meantime, I *could* revert all of the kbdio and such changes from
2.2 if you think it would help.  Whaddya think Jordan?

Nate