Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:44:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jack Winslade <jsw@cywub.sitel.net>
To:        didier@idefix.omnix.net (Didier Derny)
Cc:        freebsd@netsys.hn, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ISC and FBSD (was Re: SCO Vrs. FreeBSD)

> I've been using SCO and Interactive Unix in the past.
> they were officialy supported products,
>   - I'm still waiting to the answer for the problems I had before 1994...

I am one of those who still maintains one legacy ISC system.  (Does Sun
still sell/support this, or even admit it exists ??  ;-)

It runs side by side with two FBSD machines.  Of the three, the ISC
requires far more daily handholding.  One of my dreams/goals is to get
everything on that box moved over to FBSD, but there are both hardware
and software complexities.

When it comes to installing a new port of (whatever) I usually figure
that it will take 2-3 times as much time to get it up and stable on the
ISC box as it will on the FBSD machines.

Good day     JSW