Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:40:51 +0200
From:      "Dan Larsson" <dl@tyfon.net>
To:        "[FreeBSD-Questions-List] (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   xl driver useless after 3.4R to 4.0S update

After doing the update ( exactly according to UPDATING ) the
xl driver is unusable.. I have the miibus device uncommented
in my kernel conf file.

but during bootup I get 'SIOCCTTLwhatchammacallit DEVICE is not configured'
messages with the xl nic installed

I've temporarily solved the issue by
replacing the nic with a RTL8029AS (ed driver) which works just fine.

However I must use a card with 100baseTX capabilities. Preferrably
the one that I have, which worked in 3.4.

The card which I have that's supposed to work with the xl driver is
a 3COM 3C905-TX ethernet adapter.

What should I do? Tips needed!

Regards