Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 1999 11:52:12 +1100 (EST)
From:      Enno Davids <nconedd@mensa.national.com.au>
To:        steve@inc.net (Steve Kaczkowski)
Cc:        bill@bilver.magicnet.net, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BackUp Drive

Its also my experience that avoiding new models/new technologies for 3-6
months isn't an altogether bad strategy. So, while the new 50Gb Seagates
look nice, I'll wait till January before committing to them.

Completely agree on the economy drive vs. quality drive argument too,
although when a 17Gb IDE Seagate can be had for ~A$200 it may be hard to
tell the difference.

I too have seen the economy effect with most manufacturers though. It
seems a natural outcome of building to a price rather than building to a
level of performance.

Enno.