Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 23:32:16 -0400
From:      "Eloy A. Paris" <Eloy.Paris@ven.ra.rockwell.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Script run at shutdown?

Hi,

My apologies for this question that may be stupid but I am more System V
oriented than BSD: is there any way to run a script at shutdown, like after
invoking the commands shutdown, reboot or halt?

In System V you can do so in the script rc.0 which takes care of unmounting
file systems and maintenance stuff like that.

I need this because the very last thing I want to do after the system is
ready to die is to tell my UPS to kill power to preserve batteries.

Thanks in advance.

E-loy.-

--

Eloy A. Paris