Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 13:38:08 -0400
From:      Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To:        Kenn Martin <kmartin@infoteam.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Power Pak at CompUSA

In NYC, a friend of mine saw it at a CompUSA for 39.99.  Wow, I didn't
realize it'd be so cheap.

Kenn Martin wrote:

> [At the risk of posting to the wrong list, as I deleted the original
> message after reading it ...]
>
> Jordan wanted to know if the Power Pak had been seen at any CompUSA
> stores outside of California.  Well, I saw it today at a CompUSA here
> in Lexington KY for $49.99 and bought a copy since my order at
> freebsdmall disappeared into the ether.  We run cvsup and buildworld
> weekly so as to have the latest available for installworlds, but we
> wanted to have some recent CDs around and a newer version of the book
> (we have the 1st edition and the Power Pak comes with the 3rd edition).
>
> Another customer bought a copy just after I did.  He thought it was
> quite a deal with 10 CDs and book.
>
> --
> Kenn Martin
> InfoTeam Lexington
> 606.335.7233 / 888.INFO.ITC

Laurence Berland, Stuyvesant HS Debate
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Windows 98: n.
        useless extension to a minor patch release for
        32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a
        16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system
        originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,
        written by a 2-bit company that can't stand for
        1 bit of competition.
http://stuy.debate.net
icq #7434346                    aol imer E1101
The above email Copyright (C) 1999 Laurence Berland
All rights reserved