Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 18:24:40 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        pangolin@rogers.wave.ca
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, nacao@ravel.ufrj.br, luiz@land.ufrj.br
Subject:   Solved (Was: Haupauge tuner problems continued...)

#define quoting(Jonathan Hanna)
// It is no longer a matter of detection, as you have overridden it.
// This is what I do, but with OVERRIDE_TUNER=PHILIPS_FR1236_NTSC.
// Are you sure you picked the right one? I think I found out from
// the windows TV app what tuner it had.

It works !!!!  OVERRIDE_TUNER=PHILIPS_FR1236_NTSC solved my problem.

I've just downloaded the specs to see if it's possible to add an automatic
detection to this tuner.  I've seen from the driver source that you added
the patches to this tuner.  Have you already tried to do this ?

Interesting enough: The windows application detected the tuner as a
Philips FI1236 MK2.  Maybe its not important for it to know the
exact type of the tuner.

Thanks everybody for trying to help,

					Jonny

--