Date:      Thu, 9 May 1996 11:07:01 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Libc is broken!

<<On Thu, 9 May 1996 00:41:35 -0400 (EDT), Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu> said:

>> My suspicion is the recent YP changes...

> If this is the case, then perhaps you should say whether or not
> you're actually using YP. If you aren't, then I would tend to doubt it.

Yes, I am using YP quite extensively, and the crash in amd occurred in
precisely the spot where amd checks to see if YP is actually working
or not.  One of my PCs also gets its amd map files via YP, but this
does not appear to be the determining factor.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.