Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 17:38:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hans Zaunere <zaunere@yahoo.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mount_null troubles

I'm sorry if this is off topic for this list, but there seems to be a
bug.

I've had a directory mounted with mount_null and things have been
working great.  However, now the directory appears empty (and not even
a directory in some ways, ie ls -al doesn't even show . and ..) and I
can't umount it.  Even a umount -f only responds with "Invalid
argument".  Is there any way to fix this up without rebooting?

I realize that in the mount_null man page, it says this feature is not
recommended for use, and could be dangerous.  However, I have been led
to believe that in 4.5 (4.5 Release is what I'm running) it is stable.
What is the status of this, as it is a great feature.

Thanks,

Hans