Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 06:09:30 -0500
From:      Yimin Hsiao <yihsiao@ucsd.edu>
To:        "'FreeBSD Help'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   More Questions

Thank you guys for the help last time.  But I still have more questions:
1.  Is there any WRITTEN manual for FreeBSD?  One that explains everything, or close to everything?  There are just too many commands in FreeBSD and I just hope to at least be aware of their existance.

2.  Are the messages displayed at the beginning of each boot-up stored somewhere?  I get this error
	standard daemons: inetd cron printer sendmailroot... Recipient names must be specified
everything time I boot and the system just freezes there until I press Ctrl-C.  The name of the machine is defined in /etc/hosts, and I modified my /etc/ host.conf to read

host
bind

But it is still the same thing.  What happened here?  I don't think the system can figure out the host either, because I saw another error like (don't remember exactly)

               Unable to resolve address in host
And there are a whole bunch of other errors too.  That's why I need to get a printout of the initial messages generated by the system when it boots; the screen scrolled down too fast to see.

3.  This mailing list seems pretty useful.  How can add to this list and see questions that other people have  and learn from them?

Thanx again for answering my questions.  Hope to hear from you soon.
								Yimin