Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:50:23 -0800
From:      "Taylor Dondich" <thexder@lvcm.com>
To:        "Srinivasa rao Vempati" <srvempati@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How do I get IDE disk slice info

By using fdisk with no parameters (maybe except which drive you wish to
examine) it prints out all the partition information about that disk.
That's for physical partitions on the drive.  For FreeBSD slice information,
the disklabel tool.  Look in the man page for all the information on this
tool.  You can also use the newfs command to  create a filesystem on that
slice (look at the man page again).

However, you can do much of this in the /stand/sysinstall utility.

Hope that helps,

Taylor Dondich