Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:33:42 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "Mike Makonnen" <mike_makonnen@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: USB CF reader (SanDisk) epilog

Mike writes:

> If you believe your problem is a bug ...

I don't know what to believe without any information at all on what the
error is or what it means.

I do know that there is no reason why an error of this kind should
effectively stop the operation of the entire system, and I also know that
there is no reason why an error of this kind should prevent the system from
being rebooted.  I guess you could call those bugs, or design failures.

> There is a much higher probability that the
> developer(s) involved in writing the driver
> (or someone else qualified to help) will be
> appraised of your problem through a bug report
> than whining about it on -questions.

A probability of 0.0000002 isn't much better in practical terms than a
probability of 0.0000001.  And I mention it here for two reasons: (1)
perhaps someone among the thousands of people using FreeBSD might actually
have some ghost of an idea of what these messages actually mean; and (2)
it's important for potential users of the OS to see some of the serious
drawbacks that they might encounter by adopting it (especially for
production use).