Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:11:53 +0100 (CET)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Srinivasa rao Vempati <srvempati@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I get IDE disk slice info

> Hi,
> Using dmegs i'm able to get IDE disk id's and their manufacturer info like
> size.
> But I partitioned IDE disk  s.t. that it consists 2 slices ,
> now my problem is getting slice information like slice size ..
> here one thing is I didn't formatted that slice

See man fdisk, man disklabel & man newfs for the gory details.

You should also be able to do the trick (i.e. manage your disks) in a more
'graphical' fashion via sysinstall.

You can find sysinstall-related material (with screenshots ;-)) in the on-line
handbook -- viz. in chapter 2:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/using-sysinstall.html

HTH,
Salvo