Date:      Tue, 28 May 2013 23:08:53 +0200
From:      Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>
To:        Ruben de Groot <fbsd-arm@bzerk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NETGRAPH not working on ARM?

Hi,

Ruben de Groot <fbsd-arm@bzerk.org> wrote:
> There is no GENERIC kernel ;). Unfortunately, on arm, my understanding is that loadable modules are not (yet?) supported. They are surely not being build. Therefore I am not stripping down, I'm trying to find the necessary modules to include in my monolithic freebsd-arm kernel to get this to work. At least yours and others remarks gives me hope my problem can be resolved without patches :)
> So I will now build another kernel with NETGRAPH_SOCKET. I will also check on an i386 system where modules are available to see which need to be loaded.

The default kernel configuration for RPi disable the building of modules.
That is caused by the statement
makeoptions    MODULES_OVERRIDE=""
in sys/arm/conf/RPI-B. If you change it e.g. to
makeoptions    MODULES_OVERRIDE="geom/geom_mirror"
the named module will be build and installed into /boot/kernel/.

root@raspberry-pi:~ # kldload geom_mirror
root@raspberry-pi:~ # kldstat -v
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    3 0xc0100000 4d6394   kernel (/boot/kernel/kernel)
 2    1 0xc2db0000 19000    geom_mirror.ko (/boot/kernel/geom_mirror.ko)
        Contains modules:
                Id Name
                89 g_mirror
root@raspberry-pi:~ #