Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:20:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/15434: new port: devel/kdevelop

The following reply was made to PR ports/15434; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To: "R. Imura" <imura@cs.titech.ac.jp>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:11:31 -0600

 On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 01:00:03PM -0800, R. Imura wrote:

 >   o The port depends on many other ports. Year, if they are installed,
 >     kdevelop will be more power-full and we will be happy, but they are
 >     not really **nessesary**.

 This port would be exceptionally well served by the optional dependencies
 code that Jeremy Lea has been working on.  See -ports for more details.

 >   o If you say it is BROKEN for -stable( < 400004), defining USE_NEWGCC
 >     doesn't make any sense. (I know it may have a sence in the future.)
 >     I thought it being funny.

 Actually, this reminds me.. the USE_NEWGCC macro in bsd.port.mk is now
 out of date, it needs to be altered to < 400012 which was when
 gcc-2.95.2 became the default -current compiler (rev 1.56 of sys/sys/param.h)

 There's a few ports out there that have hacks to use the right gcc that
 can be removed now we can get the same compiler on both -stable and
 -current.  textproc/aspell springs to mind :)

 -aDe

 --
 Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.