Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 11:58:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        =?euc-kr?B?vNu6tMjG?= <byungh@adams.kwangwoon.ac.kr>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: two Question about Pico BSD

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, [euc-kr] ¼Ûº´ÈÆ wrote:

> [Q 1]i can't edit ( ex : vi, vim...etc) INTO pico-bsd.
>
> why need edit?  Because I wish some setting ( defaultrouter ,, dns ..)

You can add some small editor (NOT vi, vim, etc - they are too big), e.g.
ee (Easy Editor, src/usr.bin/ee), and it's available on the "dial" floppy.

In order to add it to some other type of picobsd setup, you have to first
remove something other - the floppy is too small...

> [Q 2]my program (router program..) development INTO FreeBSD 2.2.7
>          Can I this appication  load into Pico-BSD 0.31 (i have PicoBSD 0.31 ) ? ...
>          Pls.. tell me the process for [bsd_app-to-picobsd_app] compile...

Read the manpage of crunchgen - basically, you have to place it in
directory called the same as the executable (e.g. ee/ for program 'ee'),
then your Makefile must be a Bmake (Berkeley make) compatible, it has
to define OBJS and it has to have a 'depend' target.

Then, if your application meets these requirements, you simply add it to
your crunch.conf file.

Andrzej Bialecki

 <abial@nask.pl>       ||PicoBSD||   FreeBSD in your pocket? Go and see:
 Research & Academic   |+-------+|       "Small & Embedded FreeBSD"