Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2001 01:07:03 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "John Daniel" <john@cell-works.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ldap, outlook( aka outhouse) samba How-to

There's ten pages in there that deals with setting it up and configuring
Outlook to use it, go back and take a look, pages 328 - 338.

>I've read www.ldapman.org. but I would like to find more info.
>
>Anybody know of a how-to on setting up ldap on freebsd and intergrating it
>with outlook?

About the only thing you might want to do in addition to everything I
cover is to put the LDAP module for Webmin into place.

Other than that, keep in mind that all LDAP is, is a directory access
protocol.

>I know i can share the calendar without exchange but i have other things i
>need to share. phone lists,procedures,address books, etc

Um - LDAP can do the address books fine but all the Outlook clients I ever
heard of have no mechanism to share the Contacts database via LDAP.  Although,
it would be really cool if they did.  Perhaps the latest one does?  Are you
sure this is LDAP we are talking about and not an emulation of the Exchange
connector?