Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:43:43 +0100
From:      Graham Perrin <grahamperrin@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Cc:        PC-BSD Testing list <testing@lists.pcbsd.org>
Subject:   PC-BSD 11.0-CURRENTJUNE2016, updated: Broadwell notebook now working with Intel drivers, and the brightness is controllable

On 11/06/2016 20:59, Graham Perrin wrote:

> PC-BSD 11.0-CURRENTJUNE2016: Broadwell notebook working with SCFB but not Intel drivers, and uncontrollable brightness

> Cc: testing@lists.pcbsd.org
>
> From <http://lists.pcbsd.org/pipermail/testing/2016-June/010703.html>:
>
>> … we have now pulled in the latest DRM code for Intel Video drivers up to SkyLake support. For details on this, and instructions on how you can help test / report bugs, please checkout this link:
>>
>> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2016-May/017560.html …
>>
> On a Broadwell notebook (HP EliteBook 850 G2) where SCFB works (1,920 x 1,080), neither the 'Intel' nor the 'Intel (3D enabled)' driver works.
>
> Brightness is uncontrollable; the attached files are from April, when it wasn't known whether Broadwell will be supported.

Good news!

The update from PC-BSD 11.0-CURRENTMAY2016 to 11.0-CURRENTJUNE2016, then (today) another round of updates from the PC-BSD repository and now, the HP EliteBook 850 G2 notebook:

* works with the Intel 3D-enabled driver

* responds to xbrightness(1).

Thanks to everyone who helped to make those things happen.