Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:06:20 -0500
From:      "Martin Gignac" <freebsd@golgoth.mobilitylab.net>
To:        Steve Bertrand <steve@northnetworks.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail/Internal commands...

Sendmail is only an SMTP server. Mail _will_ be stored in UNIX mbox format on
the FreeBSD server right out of the box, so you don't need to worry about
that. If you want to retrieve mail stored on the FreeBSD server using the
POP3 protocol, you will need to explicitly install a POP daemon. You will
find potential candidates in the ports collection under /usr/ports/mail, I
believe. I don't use a POP daemon, you I can't really comment on them, but
I'm sure users on the list will be able to suggest some stable/secure ones.

As for a list of commands, I don't know if there is a relevant man page
concerning this. Someone else might know.

Regards,
-Martin