From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp-master method

Dear folks,

Peter Wemm wrote on Wed, May 02, 2001 at 10:10:20PM -0700:
[..]
> The command you probably want to do a full mirror is:
> rsync -vaz --delete rsync://ftp-master.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/ ~ftp/pub/FreeBSD/

I would suggest, maybe not to use the -z option for two reasons:

- Many of the files are already compressed, thus yielding
  no advantage, but CPU load
- At least the iso images won't sync with -z:
[..]
receiving file list ... done
ISO-IMAGES/
ISO-IMAGES/4.2-install.iso
deflate on token returned 0 (16384 bytes left)
unexpected EOF in read_timeout
unexpected EOF in read_timeout

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock     - Agartim billiard bumba m'abdul in papejim twista
-  rumba rock n rolla. Leik'ab mai. Spirzon Heroin se'osit gaula.     -