Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:18:14 +0900 (JST)
From:      Tomonobu AKIMOTO <akimoto@xephion.ne.jp>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   bin/23501: pw command destroy /etc/master.passwd

>Number:         23501
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       pw destroy /etc/master.passwd when pw executing at the same time
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:

our server have about 10000 users.

/etc/master.passwd is often broken on the servers.
Sometimes,we lost many users from the begining include of root,
sometimes,many users from the bottom.
So,we test.
We make 10000 users on testing server,then we execute 3 pw commands
at the same time.
few seconds later,/etc/master.passwd is broken.