Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:57:02 -0700
From:      Ken Marx <kmarx@vicor.com>
To:        David Rhodus <drhodus@catpa.com>
Cc:        Dave Parker Smith <davep@vicor.com>
Subject:   Re: 4.8 ffs_dirpref problem

Wow - quick reply. Thanks!

I dunno. Wasn't my idea.

I just quickly tried this: In the problem dirs it still bogs
down for about 20 seconds or so. I wish I could tell you
how long that was taking before, but I wasn't there for
that part, and I have to take off just now.

The systat -vmstat numbers look similar, but I don't
want to make any bold claims.

I'll re-disable soft updates, retest in the morning, and report back.

Thanks again,
k.

--
Ken Marx, kmarx@vicor-nb.com
They must reach agreement and stop beating around the bush on the long pole in