Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 23:15:54 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        michaelv@HeadCandy.com (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com)
Cc:        sterrett@cts.com, jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: STREAMS

> >>   I took a look at linux streams implementation and that is completely
> >> out-performing.  We could do really better if there was critical mass
> >> enough to start this project.
>
> Not to be a skeptic (OK, to be a skeptic) what solid data supports
> this linux streams thing being "completely out-performing"?  Not to
> bash the Linux folks, but their enthusiasm and exhuberance many times
> overwhelms their ability to judge accurately.

Probably it was worked on by Jim Freeman at Caldera, who did a lot of
work on the Streams frameworks in UnixWare (SVR4.2 SMP), AIX, and
Solaris before he left Novell/USG, and seriously knows what the hell
he is doing.

On the other hand, it could be some other guys, and I could be wrong.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.