Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:28:11 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Christian =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fl=FCgel?= <Jeff.Kelly@t-online.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install FreeBSD via DSL?

Hi Christian,

AFAIK the kernel must build with some options like "NETGRAPH_PPPOE", ..., and
the kernel on the install disk is not.
Couldn't you download the mini-iso-image? It could be much easier...

If it doesn't work let's look for other options :-)

So long
Jens

Christian Flügel wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> I want to do an ftp install of freebsd via dsl but couldn't find anything
> about it in the Handbook or on the web.
>
> Has anybody already done this if it is possible? And could this someone
> please give me advice?
>
> Install via modem is possible so I assume that the pppd is already on one of
> the bootdisks but somehow I do not seem to be able to access a console
> during installation and therefore I am not able to configure the ppp so that
> it uses the Network adapter.
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Christian

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/