Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 22:57:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Fuji Zhang <fzhang3@csd.uwo.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Login problem

hi, i did something silly and it put me in serious trouble. i was trying
to get normal user cdrom mount to work by messing with the file
permissions of the /etc/rc.* files. i first did: chmod 777 /etc/rc.*.
after that i could not login as a normal user into XFree86 from XDM. i got
a blank screen. i did not change any configuration file in the user
account. can somebody tell me what the file permissins for all these
/etc/rc.* files are please? many thx.

--
Sincerely,

Fujie Zhang