Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:22:13 GMT
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>, qa@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike Pritchard <mpp@mppsystems.com>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: cputype=486

Not in the log I posted.  isatty is NOT that large, so what ever this is=
,=20
is after isatty in the executable.=20

I wonder if something forgot to pick up the /usr/obj libraries, since th=
e=20
HOST system *IS* compiled with -march=3Dpentiumpro.=20

This is valid, isn't it? (to compile on one box, and install on another =

with DIFFERENT /etc/make.conf settings)?=20

On 3/12/01, 12:12:39 PM, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote regarding =
Re:=20
cputype=3D486:

> On 12-Mar-01 Larry Rosenman wrote:
> > * Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> [010312 05:53]:
> >> * Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> [010312 02:35]:

> >> I last built the 486 on 2/18/2001, if that helps narrow down
> >> what commit(s) broke it.
> >>
> >> Larry
> >
> > Here is a gdb of strip starting.  I suspect the cmova is an illegal
> > 486 instruction ...
> > Cut from below:
> > 0x804fd7a <isatty+1638>:      cmova  0x8(%ebp),%eax

> It is, it's only on pentium-pro's and later.  Were any of the librarie=
s=20
or
> compilers, etc. compiled with a bogus CPUTYPE?  I'm pretty sure isatty=
 is=20
in