Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 17:12:17 -0600
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linksys WPC11 Rev 2.5

* Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> [020323 02:12]:
> I picked up one of these cards today.  I made a /etc/pccard.conf
> with the following parameters:
>
> # Linksys Instant Wireless WPC11
> card "/.*Linksys Group.*/" "/.*Network PC Card.*/"
> 	config	auto "wi" ?
I added back the 0x10000 to this line....
> 	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start
> 	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop
>
> When the card has been in for a while (random), the card just shuts
> down.
This seems to be APM related.  I changed some of the APM parameters in the
BIOS, and it seems better (one fail in 6+hours, and that was right after a
reboot, and when the laptop had gone into powersave mode).

I'm not quite sure what is causing it to power down, but it seems livable.

If anyone has any ideas, or wants to see Kernel or other config, let
me know.  If there is a better mailling-list, let me know that too.

Thanks...