Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2015 01:27:32 -0800
From:      Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc-request@freebsd.org
Subject:   Successfully installed FreeBSD 10.1 on Apple PowerMac G5 -- BUT -- system freezes after a few minutes of running.

I successfully installed my dual-core PowerMac G5 from the powerpc64 =
FreeBSD 10.1 =93disk1=94 CD.

However, when I boot the resulting setup, it works for a few minutes =
then freezes; I get no response to the keyboard or to pings =97 both =
were responsive during the few minutes until the freezup.

Waiting for a few minutes more after the freezup, eventually the fans =
start to run at top speed and I have to force-halt the machine by =
pushing the power switch for 10 seconds.

No messages appear on the console.

Does anyone have any idea what=92s going on and what I can do about it?  =
How can I find out?

Thanks!
Rick