Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2007 11:46:20 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Robert Joosten <robert@ml.erje.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE source update fails during compilation

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 09:59:58AM +0200, Robert Joosten wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> ---cut!------
> > /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_tools/../../../../contrib/gcc/genattrtab.c:6=
240:=20
> > internal compiler error: Segmentation fault: 11
> > Please submit a full bug report,
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html>; for instructions.
> > {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> > {standard input}:14060: Warning: partial line at end of file ignored
> > *** Error code 1
> > Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_tools.
> > *** Error code 1
> > Stop in /usr/src.
> > *** Error code 1
> > Stop in /usr/src.
> > *** Error code 1
> > Stop in /usr/src.
>=20
> Yeah, I observed this too a few times. All the times on a poor little=20
> pentium 1/150 with 48meg ram (according dmesg). It's somewhat difficult=
=20
> too check but I suspect I run out of memory every time.

You will see it logged by syslog and/or on the console if you run out
of memory (and swap) and a process is killed to make room (it will
also usually not die with signal 11, rather signal 9).  If you do not
see this then out-of-memory is not the cause, and it is also almost
certain to be marginal or failing hardware.

Kris

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--