Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 1995 22:12:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Duane R. Ellison" <duane@gargamel.ptw.com>
To:        "Newsham Hybrids (USA) Inc." <newsham@iguana.ruralnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP: how to change FROM in out-going mail

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995, Newsham Hybrids (USA) Inc. wrote:

> Recently, I am running ppp to access internet. After I make the connection
> to a on-line server, I try to send a mail from local PC. It works, but
> there is a problem: the FROM field has junk stuff. This is because
> my local PC does not have a proper network ID. My question is: how
> can I change FROM field to my own choice when I send out a mail
> from a local PC which is on internet through PPP?

If you are using Pine 3.91 you can set the user domain in the setup to
put the domain of your ISP and then use a login with the same name as
your login on the ISP.  That is how I have been doing my mail (and how I
am replying to this right now).  If you are using a different mail
program I don't know (but I am sure someone does).  Anyway hope this
helps and is what you were asking.

	---  Duane
       Duane Ellison                         duane@gargamel.ptw.com
       Edwards, California               http://gargamel.ptw.com/~duane