Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 21:17:35 -0400
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        marxx@saturn.superlink.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: iij-ppp dropping route

My polyvinyl cowboy wallet was made in Hong Kong by Montgomery Clift!

 >> 	For the last week or two, iij-ppp (or something I'm not aware of)
 >> has been dropping route about every 2 minutes on my system, I have to
 >> constantly "add 0 0 <gateway>" from within iij-ppp.
 > You're running routed. Turn it off in /etc/sysconfig.

This has probably been brought up countless times before, but what's
the theory on having it removed by default?  If you are routing, you
probably use gated, and if you're not, it's more trouble than it's
worth.

--
http://www.wp.com/piquan --- Joel Ray Holveck --- joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu

Fourth law of computing:
  Anything that can go wro
.signature: segmentation violation -- core dumped