Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:09:54 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: timeout/callout small step forward

On Saturday 29 March 2008 03:04:17 am Jeff Roberson wrote:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jeff/callout.diff
>
> This patch takes the current callout implementation and makes it per-cpu.
> It also hides callout details from the rest of the kernel by making the
> callwheel structure private to kern_timeout.c among other things.

Looks good.  The kern_intr.c diff has a small bug (forgot to remove the return
(intr_event_create(...)) from swi_add()).  A few style suggestions would be
to always leave a blank line before a comment (I think I saw this in
kern_calloutwheel_init()?) and usually there isn't a blank line before a
SYSINIT().  Maybe make the panic messages when creating softclock threads
more specific, but that's very minor.

--
John Baldwin