Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 11:25:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        "~/.signature" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
Cc:        Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>, "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xircom modem in mini-pci combo card for thinkpad A21p ?

~/.signature writes:
| We've presumed that it is a software modem.  Hmm, checking dmesg, I have
|
| sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
| sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
| sio0: type 8250
| sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
|
| Does that mean that it found it?  Is there anything to test it with at
| the moment--I've noticed that minicom is currently forbidden for
| security reasons . . .

No the sio0 is the external serial port.  BTW go into the BIOS and
configure it.  I will probably crash you machine if you try to use.
This is typical of factory shipped ThinkPads.  After you configure
the serial port it should come up as a 16550.  Use "tip" to access
the serial port.  It is part of the base system.

Doug A.