Date:      Sun, 08 Apr 2001 07:04:32 -0400
From:      Jonathan Weaver <jweaver@accountsupport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Volume problem on Maestro-2E (Diamond MX400) soundcard

pcm lists chipset as ESS Technology Mastro-2E.
It's a Diamond Monster MX400 soundcard.
The box is a recent -current snapshot, but the driver is the same as in 4.2+

I have all relevant mixer settings at 100:100

I can BARELY hear audio playing when I stick my speakers at MAX volume.
Under Win2k max volume would probably blow out my speakers.

Any ideas on how to make the volume work normally? 100:100 should be more
than enough to keep my speakers on a low setting.

Willing to try, and awaiting the reply.
	= Jonathan