Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 13:43:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Green" Screensaver mode

Hey Folks!

I've been to the archives, I've been to my esteemed vendor, and I've
talked to a guru, and I've gotten nowhere (yet).

I'm trying to get my monitor to kick into "green" screensaver mode when I
leave it alone.  The syscons version of this that is mentioned in
/etc/sysconfig works great, lasts long time.  I want to do it in X,
however.  I rummaged through the mail archives and I found that a couple
people have done it, but not necessarily with my hardware.

I went to the XFree86 FAQ and didn't find anything useful.  I also fired
off a question to the XFree -questions list.  No word back yet.

I have:  2.2-CURRENT
	 STB 64 Velocity Video Card
	 Nokia 447X Monitor

...I've seen people use 'options "power_saver" in the devices section of
their XF86Config file, I've also seen (in the same post) some mention of
using xset to set the timeout length and the appropriate mode.  I haven't
been able to get any combination of this to work on my configuration yet.
Since I have been able to do it from the console, I'm convinced there's a
way.

Anyone have experience with something similar to this configuration?
It's gotten personal for me. :-)

Regards,

Brian