Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:47:56 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bnetd ???

On Sun, 09 Apr 2000 23:02:58 MST, David Daugherty wrote:

> In my /home I have a bnetd.log and a bnetd dir and I have now idea how
> they got there or what they're doing there. It has root ownership and the
> bnetd dir has a bnetd.log that contains stuff like:

Bnetd is a game server for StarCraft.  If you have
/var/db/pkg/bnetd-something-or-other, you should be able to do this to
remove it:

	pkg_delete bnetd-something-or-other

Obviously, you need to replace something-or-other with the correct
version details.

You should also try to kill any running bnetd daemon.  Use the ps(1)
command to find whether you have one running:

	ps -auxww |grep bnetd

If you find one, kill its PID (process ID) with the kill(1) command.

If the package was installed by hand and not as a FreeBSD package,
you're unfortunately going to have to track it down and wipe it out
manually.

Shoot the person who installed it without your permission. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.