Date:      Tue, 5 May 2009 10:39:27 +0100
From:      "Marc Coyles" <mcoyles@horbury.wakefield.sch.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dump snapshot issue...

I've got a script that dumps various filesystems to tape for me, but
I've always had an issue whenever I've used the -L option... see below:

/usr/bin/mt rewind
/sbin/dump 0aLuf /dev/sa0 /
dump: Cannot create //.snap/dump_snapshot: No such file or directory

/sbin/dump 0aLuf /dev/sa0 /home
mksnap_ffs: Cannot create /home/.snap/dump_snapshot: Input/output error
dump: Cannot create /home/.snap/dump_snapshot: No such file or directory

/sbin/dump 0aLuf /dev/sa0 /tmp
dump: Cannot create /tmp/.snap/dump_snapshot: No such file or directory

/sbin/dump 0aLuf /dev/sa0 /usr
dump: Cannot create /usr/.snap/dump_snapshot: No such file or directory

/sbin/dump 0aLuf /dev/sa0 /var
dump: Cannot create /var/.snap/dump_snapshot: No such file or directory

/usr/bin/mt rewind

The .snap folders exist at all points, are set to root:operator, with
perms 770...
The dump_snapshot files seem to be present, albeit 0 bytes,
root:operator, perms 400...

Running 7.0-RELEASE-p11...

Any suggestions?

Marc A Coyles - Horbury School ICT Support Team
Mbl: 07850 518106
Land: 01924 282740 ext 730
Helpdesk: 01924 282740 ext 2000