Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 2002 08:27:01 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86Config - HELP!!!

>moused_enable=3D"YES"

BTW, it is a common misconception, I think, that you need this. You don't=
 need
to run the mouse daemon to get the mouse to work in X. The moused lets you=
 use
the mouse for some simpleton stuff in a console, and you can map it to be
/dev/sysmouse for use by X. Which is what you should use if you use moused.

But I don't bother with moused, as the capabilities aren't needed by me and
it doesn't work with my KVM switch. I used /stand/sysinstall to turn off
the mouse daemon and to run XF86Config, where I set the protocol to be=
 'auto'
and the device to be /dev/psm0 for my PS/ mouse, and all is fine in X.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog: