Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:01:51 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boston Globe Article (fwd)

Annelise Anderson wrote:

> Boston Globe / December 13, 2001
> At the core of Apple's OS X
>
> By Hiawatha Bray, Globe Columnist, 12/13/2001

Do you know how to contact this reporter to give them a correction?

[ ... ]

> Hubbard says the ability to write code that could run on 25 million Macs
> will appeal to the egos of open-source coders. ''We love to see our name
> up in lights,'' he says. But some open-sourcers are openly scornful,
> including Eric Raymond, the guy who coined the term ''open source'' in
> the first place.

The term "Open Source" was coined by Christine L. Peterson, President
of the Foresight Institute and not by Eric Raymond.

	http://www.foresight.org/FI/Peterson.html
	http://www.opensource.org/docs/history.html

Thanks,
-- Terry