Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2002 21:52:17 +0000
From:      Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
To:        Ceri <setantae@rhadamanth.plig.net>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/31265: crontab(1) doesn't decribe format of allow and deny files.

Hi Ceri,

After looking at the source code for cron I'm fairly certain that any
non standard characters that are _not_ allowed in usernames
[-_a-zA-Z0-9\.] (I think that's all?) will essentially be allowed to be
used for a comment.  Looks to me like it's merely searching for the
username that executes crontab in the allow or deny file... it's not
specifically marking anything as a comment.  :)  I'd recommend using ^#
as a standard in this case since it's just a text file.

Do you want me to amend the patch and re-send or can you add this
if/when you commit this?

- Marc