Date:      Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:03:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      cta@arthurfamily.ws
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   error when trying to log into gnome

Hi Everyone,
  This is my first time ever asking a question on here so bare with me if
I make any mistakes. I have a 5.4 system that was working great with
gnome and I was trying to install word perfect from linux from the cd
and I rebooted and now I am not able to log into a gnome session. When I
try to log in xdm restarts and I am back at the login prompt. I looked
at my .xsession-errors file and noticed the following:

here is my .xsession file by the way also:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-session
$ /usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-session

My .xsession-errors states the following:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libSM.so.6: Undefined symbol "_IO_stderr_"

Any suggestions on how I might remedy the problem?

Thanks

Chris Arthur