Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:05:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@highperformance.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boston Globe Article (fwd)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Annelise Anderson wrote:

> Boston Globe / December 13, 2001
> At the core of Apple's OS X
>
> By Hiawatha Bray, Globe Columnist, 12/13/2001
>
> You expect a few surprises on a visit to the headquarters of Apple
> Computer Inc. But Jordan Hubbard? What's he doing here?
>
> The same thing he's been doing for the past decade: trying to take over
> the world. Or at least the part that uses desktop computers.

This is funny. Correct me if I am wrong, but Jordan has always championed
FreeBSD as a server OS.  He has consistently taken the tack that If
someone wants a FreeBSD "desktop" (whatever that means) then they can hack
at it.

I also seem to recall an interview where Jordan decried world domination
mindsets of the early unix vendors and the "green before red" in the kilts
comments of open source movements.

I think the Globe starts the article portraying him in way that is
inconsistent with what I have seen from Jordan.

And Jordan, if you read this, Get Solidworks and Pro/Engineer (3D CAD
systems) to run on Mac and I will buy one as my next computer!  If
Apple wants to break into the engineering market, Apple needs these
apps.  Vellum 3D doesn't cut it.

Later,
Jason C. Wells