Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:57:57 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dhclient in 6.0

Erik Norgaard writes:

>  - Do you use a dhclient.conf from your previous install? These
>     are incompatible. The new dhclient is a port from OpenBSD who
>     completely rewrote dhclient. The old is from ISC.

	I do not believe this to be correct - the part about
incompatible config files, that is.  I am using my (ISC)
dhclient.conf unmodified under (OpenBSD) dhclient with (as far as I
know) no adverse results.  And I think I specificly remember the
announcement of the change explicitly saying most config files would
need no changes.

				Robert Huff