Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:05:16 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Scrollkeeper update

>On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 00:39, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> > **Copied this quote from another email.**
> > >If you're really wanting to help me out, setenv XML_DEBUG_CATALOG
>before
> > >you build scrollkeeper, and then run a sniffer looking for spurious
> > >connections to port 80.  You shouldn't see any.  The scrollkeeper
> > >install should rebuild the entire OMF database, so that's really the
> > >best test.  If you see any HTTP connections to sourceforge or oasis,
> > >send me the entire log of the build. (assuming you set
> > >XML_DEBUG_CATALOG).  Thanks to all that can help.
> >
> > I installed them and they went smoothly. I am using GreedyDog v2.4 from
> > www.shadowpenguin.org for sniffer packet, it's a nice tool. However, I
>have
> > use Nautilus2, gedit2, Gnome 2.2rc1, gnome-terminal, few games and apps
>from
> > Gnome 2.2rc1's default menu. So, I don't see any of sourceforge nor
>oasis in
> > the sniffer packet's log so far. What's else do you want me to test? If
>you
> > still want the log of it? I already set the setenv for debug right
>before I
> > built scrollkeeper.
>
>The big test is at install time.  If you didn't see any HTTP traffic,
>that's good.  Now, what you should do is make sure you can view all the
>help files, and maybe test rebuilding some apps like gedit2 and
>bugbuddy2 to see if any HTTP traffic goes out to oasis or sourceforge.

I rebuilt gedit2, yelp2 and bugbuddy2, then played with them such as surf
around in the help for a while, use few features/options and use them. Also,
left sniffer packet enable for over two hours during my regular using
desktop. There's no sign of neither oasis or sourceforge in the sniffer
packet's log so far.

>Thanks a lot for testing this.

Your welcome! :-)

BTW: Have you heard of this patch? ->
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2002-December/msg00023.html  I
am thinking about to try this patch to make window frame go a little faster
when its resize, redraw and etc.. It's little annoy when I tried to resize
window; it lags a little, not so smooth as it's supposed to be.

Cheers,
Mezz