Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 16:32:28 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Steven Walker <swalk@anit.es>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie

Steven Walker wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have installed FreeBSB 2.2.7

	Welcome to unix. :)

> To be honest I rarely understand the questions let alone the answers.  It
> is all too advanced for me. Sometimes beginners are not treated too
> sympathetically.  I understand that you do not want to  waste time
> repeating the "obvious" or elementary.

	The people who are not treated sympathetically are the ones who don't
do even the most simple steps to help themselves. You've already taken
the first step in a good direction by asking where and how you can help
yourself.

> Can anyone tell me (and many others who seem to be in a similar position)
> where we may go for help on more elementary problems.

	Visit http://www.freebsd.org/ and read through the material there.
Start with the tutorial for new users, and continue with the FAQ and
Handbook. You won't understand it all at first, but you'd be surprised
how much of it "clicks" down the road, and as you return to the
documentation.

Good luck,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

    Go PADRES!