Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 16:45:48 -0400
From:      Cat Okita <cat@ghost.uunet.ca>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>, davidg@Root.COM, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intelligent Debugging Tools...

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> 	What?  Sun/Dec don't use the same SCSI drives?  Weird...

I think that you must have missed the start of this thread.

The question wasn't if drives *could* be terminated on the drive, but
rather whether it was a better option to terminate *internally* or
*externally*.

Typically, the drives which I've used in Sun/Dec machines don't arrive
with termination set on the drive - it's set externally.

In the PC world, drives usually arrive with termination set on the drive,
which becomes an awkward and annoying problem when you start adding
SCSI devices.

If this still isn't clear, drop me a line in private email - no need to
try the list with definitions of internal/external...

Cat